Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Revised Whirlpool Cabrio Review - and Conn's

I AM NEVER FUCKING BUYING ANY FUCKING THING FROM FUCKING CONNS EVER FUCKING AGAIN - AND NOTHING MADE BY WHIRLPOOL, EITHER.

And no I'm not disguising my fucks with pretty little webding font, either.

My 5-month-old formerly wonderful Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine is suddenly leaking water all over my garage floor. My uncle has checked the hoses and hose connections and says it has to be a problem with the washing machine itself. So I called Conn's service department, and no one can come until Tuesday, February 13. Today would be February 8, in case you hadn't noticed, and the 13 is 5 days away. I don't have enough clean clothes for tomorrow, nevermind 5 fucking days. Then, they're going to call that morning and give me a 2-hour time window. Marvelous. My work always really digs that kind of thing.

Then, and I relayed this prediction to Ms. Service Department (smartly leaving out the curse words since I am at work), I suppose they will come, having been given no idea of the nature of the problem although I have described it to them, then they will have to evaluate it, and end up having to order a mother fucking part and reschedule for probably another damn week out.

And what could I do about that, but snap "FINE!" and hang up.

Fuckers. And fucking Whirlpool. I know better than to be among the first to buy something. And since I've bought it, and there are finally other reviews out there, the consensus is that these things pretty much blow.

I am beginning to agree.

They are now for sale for the payoff of what I still owe, if you are interested.

But of course, why would you be?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought a Whirlpool set 5 years ago - nothing but problems.

What happen to the times when a washing machine lasted a goo 15 years without any major problem?

The answer is that the appliance industry has gotten wise and they know that if they make something that last, their competitor will take over.

Sad but true.

Unknown said...

I brought a TV in February of 2008 from the store in Mesquite, Texas. When we get it out of the box the power button would not work but we were okay with that since we had a remote control. On April 5, 2008 I put a VCR tape in the TV and it would not reject. I took my store in Euless, Texas and was told I had to leave it. I kept calling the repair center because no one would return my phone call and tell me why no one had started to work on my TV. I was told that the service center only had one tech because the home office cleaned house because the repairmen were not doing their job. Finally on April 19th I received a call from a Lloyd just to tell me that there was water damage and that is why the power button would not work and my warrant would not cover water damage. I explain to Lloyd that the power button did not work from the day I took it out of the box and I clean and have no children in the house so I know that I did not put the water damage there. He could not tell me how long the water damage had been there and was not concern at all. I explain to Lloyd that I had the Euless store check before I left the TV with them and the only thing that was wrong with the TV was the power button and the VCR tape not rejecting and I wanted my TV back. He was only to have the manager, Terry, call me and still I have not heard anything. I have called and had to leave messages with their home office and still I have no return calls or my TV. I will never buy anything from Conn’s and have call the Consumer Fair Trade and everyone else I can think of to help get my TV back so I can take it to a true repair center. Any suggestions

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

whirlpool cabrio = piece of shit. had mine for two years and it now just shuts off ten miunutes into the wash cycle, Error code F-51. Today is aug. 9th and I called in my repair order back on july 17th. still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been having problems with my cabrio washer. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty, but unfortunately the part needed is on back order(I guess mine isn't the only one. Mine keeps trying to drain when there is nothing left to drain. I pause it for a few hours and then hit start, that works most of the time. The other day it took over 24 hours to do one load of laundry. I am so disappointed, I alway buy whirlpool, but after this, I never will again.

Anonymous said...

I have been having problems with my cabrio washer. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty, but unfortunately the part needed is on back order(I guess mine isn't the only one. Mine keeps trying to drain when there is nothing left to drain. I pause it for a few hours and then hit start, that works most of the time. The other day it took over 24 hours to do one load of laundry. I am so disappointed, I alway buy whirlpool, but after this, I never will again.

Anonymous said...

I received my new cabrio 4 days ago. Fortunately, my washer and dryer are separated by a deep sink, which allowed me to immediately see where the leaking was taking place. The washer is leaking on the side with the soap dispenser, from the opening where the top of the washer meets the main body of the washer. Repair came out, and put a temporary piece of foil to block the water until parts can come in. Did not work! I found the same story in "Rip off Report" dated 5/21/08. Obviously Whirlpool has yet to correct this problem. If you are having problems with your cabrio leaking, please read the "rip off report" article. I will be demanding that our local appliance company pick this washer up tomorrow. I am not taking any chances of facing these nightmare issues.

Anonymous said...

I HATE this machine- cost me $400 today to repair a one and a half year old machine. Needed a new motor and RPS Sensor. Anyone reading this- DO NOT BUY

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

As well as possible!

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt adore your posting type, very helpful,
don't quit and also keep writing in all honesty , because it just simply well worth to look through it.
excited to browse much of your current articles, enjoy your day :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.