Thursday, October 12, 2006

There's a Reason Diet has DIE in it

Diets should not be begun on Thursdays. I've never started a diet on anything but a Monday. Mondays suck anyway, and should be thus reserved as a day for all sucky things. Which is probably why most of my diets last exactly half a day.

But alas, I find myself in a contest of sorts to find the "biggest loser" among our cozy group of 3. Whomever loses the largest percentage of body weight in the next 2 weeks, wins a $100 gift card to a fancy mall. Ah, incentive.

It would have been nice to know this YESTERDAY though. So I wouldn't have eaten that sausage biscuit this morning, and that coffee with mega creamer in it, before I learned of impending diet. Plus I still have that carton of chocolate chip ice cream in my freezer at home. And had I known yesterday was my last real lunch for awhile, I would have eaten at Potbelly and not something out of the microwave.

But 2 weeks isn't forever.

It is just too bad I can't lose 40 pounds by Saturday.

Yes, big and unexpected happenings coming up this weekend. I'll have to elaborate on that later though.

No comments: