Friday, October 20, 2006

Wow, a Whole Nuther Week Gone By

Excuse me whilst I pat meself on the back. As of this morning, I managed to lose 5.5 pounds since starting the diet contest last Thursday.

Of course, being sick all week and basically everything I ate coming right back up for a day and a half did not hurt the cause, I am sure. And not even a stomach bug. It's allergies/sinus infection crap, yet AGAIN, and coughing fits so bad that... well, everything comes back up. Or did. Better now, and back at work yesterday and today. Room for improvement still, though.

Shhhh, this is a secret... but I have another foster dog. His name is Fred. (For the record, this foster I did not get to name myself) Fred is believed to be a Boston Terrier/boxer mix. That seems right, he certainly seems a cross between my foster boxer Randi and my Boston, Tucker. (Hehehe, Tucker. I didn't name Tucker, either. Care to guess what Tucker's nickname is? **grin**) He is 8 months to a year old, they say, and was due to be put down after 2:00 on the day I agreed to foster him.

I know, I know, I have too many dogs. I didn't MEAN to agree to foster another one. It just HAPPENED. You know. "They are going to euthanize him after 2:00 today if I don't pull him" just tends to tear at your heartstrings. Actually I had agreed to foster one for them for 3 to 4 months for a lady who was leaving an abusive relationship and couldn't take her dog with her. Turns out she went to her parents instead of her brother's and got to take the dog. So then they asked me to foster this one. Anyway.

Haven't made it to the State Fair yet to see my prize-winning photo on display. I took off work early on Tuesday planning to go right after the kid got out of school but ended up leaving early sick instead. Now I am hoping to go tomorrow. This weekend is the last weekend and we are going to visit Phillip on Sunday so it's today or never.

And all I really want to do is have an evening without the kid and drink that giant bottle of wine that I bought...

No comments: