Friday, September 29, 2006

Abby - 1/31/91 to 9/28/06


I held my baby schnauzer's paw as she crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. Godspeed, my little Abby, always remember how much I love you, and tell Nikki, Molly, Trudy and all of the others how much I miss them.

I had over 15-1/2 years with her, but no matter how much time you have, it is never enough. She was really starting to go downhill even since her vet visit last week, and since I had taken her up to the store with me on Saturday. My mom was so surprised in how she had changed from Saturday to yesterday. She wouldn't eat even a bite of her dinner Wednesday night, and I knew that it was time. She had lost another pound in the past week. She was still eating treats though. She wasn't really *there* anymore though. Her eyes that were once so full of life were just vacant, empty and staring.

Run through the tall grass as you've always loved to do Abby my Jungle Doggie. I'll see you when I get there.

No comments: