Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Maybe I'm Not Cut Out for This Fostering Thing

So I took Randi to her new foster home last night. Her new mommy is a nice girl, has a nice place, etc., and I am happy for Randi having a great new forever home, and yet... it feels like my heart is breaking.

I don't know what it is. I tried not to cry as I was leaving her, though I didn't particularly succeed, and as soon as I got back to my car I just bawled like a kid for about 10 minutes before I could even drive.

I didn't have this problem with the other 2 dogs I fostered. But then, I placed them with people I knew, and knew I would have the opportunity to see them again. Not so with Randi. And Randi is somehow one of the more special dogs I have known. Maybe it's that she was around the day I got bit, and even in my state of shock afterwards I could tell Randi knew something was up and was very concerned, and she was so sweet and helped me remember that dogs are awesome and most of them don't bite. And that she would have ripped the other dog apart if she had actually been there. She told me that, ya know.

She's sweet like that.

Happy New Life, Randi.

No comments: