Friday, June 09, 2006

Ouchie Revisited

Remind me the next time I go to have stitches removed to take 2 pain pills an hour beforehand and have someone drive me.

That was not quite as painful as being bit and stitched originally, but it was no walk in the park either. To top it off, he may not have gotten all of them because there is a little scabbie thing under which he thinks there is one or two more and he wants to wait until it comes off on its own to see and so I might have to go back.

The good times just keep coming on this little adventure, let me tell ya.

I guess the good news is Doc said I have done an excellent job keeping it from becoming infected. That is a big concern when they actually have to stitch dog bites, I guess, stitching all those dog germs up inside and all. That's an ooky thought.

In more good news, I finally this morning confirmed with Animal Control that they have the dog in quarantine. It certainly took long enough, especially when they knew since Monday who owned the dog and where it was, yet it didn't manage to get quarantined until either Wednesday or Thursday.

I told Jen earlier, my name may not be Earl, but I am with him on the whole karma thing. My parents had a dog who was quarantined 3 times for biting people - never in the face, though. She was a "back biter," she'd get the back of your leg as you were walking away. Still painful, I am sure. At any rate, they were fortunate enough to never get sued over any of the bites.

I figure that karma probably wants me to return the favor. Which I plan to do.

But DAMN the owners of this dog make it HARD when they won't even cooperate in quarantining the fucking dog.

No comments: