Thursday, June 01, 2006

Time for a Change

What, you ask, has finally enticed me to remove Eminem's Curtain Call from my car's CD player?

Why, the Dixie Chicks' new Taking the Long Way, of course.

Remember back when they said what they said about the President, how horrible everyone thought that was? Including me, at the time.

Well, I don't think it was so horrible anymore. And I don't think a lot of other people think it's so horrible anymore, either, based on the fact that last night, I happened to get the very last one the store had of the Chicks' new CD, which was just released a week ago.

It would seem that generally, the "horribleness" of what they said steadily declined right along with the President's approval rating. Imagine that.

Of course, I have yet to hear their first single, the appropriate Not Ready to Make Nice, on public radio. But then, I have Sirius now, so who needs the censorship of public radio anymore? I hear the song on Sirius all of the time.

(Incidentally, Russ Martin, if you would come to Sirius I would never have to listen to public radio again!)

Also, while public radio across America may not be playing the new Chicks song, and the single as yet hasn't done particularly well on the charts, the song is currently the #1 most downloaded song on the internet.

Oh, and did I mention that their new album just debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200?

This, after telling America on 60 Minutes just 2 days prior to their album's release that they are not sorry for what they said, and that they do not think the President deserves their respect.

You go, girls. I'm from Texas, too, by the way, and let me say that I'm a lot prouder that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas than I am that certain other people are...

Too bad a lot more folks weren't with us on that sooner, myself included.

No comments: