Thursday, June 15, 2006

Randi's Coming Home!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, Randi's not as happy at her new home as I had hoped.

I get to go pick up my sweet girl tonight. Her new mama says she is sad and won't eat or go to the bathroom and she feels that Randi is not happy there. She feels she won't be happy with apartment life after having a back yard and other boxers and kids to play with.

Maybe she's right. At any rate, I am absolutely ecstatic. I have been depressed and mopey the past few days without her. My dogs cheered me up some of course, but I miss my Randi girl.

Well of course, I'm not totally ecstatic. The girl who adopted her feels very bad, she loves Randi already, but says she sees that Randi isn't happy and wants to do what is right for her. That is very admirable. Somewhere out there is the perfect dog for her and I hope that she finds it.

I almost didn't get Randi back, as the group said that since I have made a commitment to Cesar (pics coming soon), Randi would have to stay with this lady until a foster became available. I voiced my concern over her health if she is not eating or pottying, and said I'd be happy to have both dogs. They agreed and the rest is soon to be history. I get Randi right after work, take her home, and go up to the vet's office and get Cesar.

I'm not letting Randi go again. It is the rescue group's policy to not adopt females to households that already have females, but I know for a fact they have made exceptions in the past, and I will ask for (and beg if necessary) an exception. I don't want to go through giving my Randi girl up again.

Poor Cesar just had surgery yesterday morning and will need to be kept quiet for awhile. Could be quite a feat at my house but I think I can manage it. Bless his heart, his - uh - scrotal area was swollen and so they had him on antibiotics but those weren't working as well as they hoped so they had to - uh - remove it. Poor guy. (Or would it still be guy?) Anyway, he is a white boxer cutie and will look cute with my 2 whities.

I think I have a full house now.

No comments: