Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You Know it's Gotten Bad When...

...you sit down, and the toilet creaks.

At least it didn't groan. Or shriek. Could be worse, I suppose. Um. Needless to say, though here I go saying it anyway, I won't be attending my ??-year high school reunion this weekend.

Oh, and in case you were wondering - I am still suffering the after effects of my "stupid" hangover. And yes, I am aware that that was weeks ago. Let's not talk about that anymore though, shall we not?

Busy weekend. Friday... we went up to my parents' store for awhile, I went to meet a friend to eat and picked the kid up at their house later. Saturday...worked, went home to check on the 8 dogs, went back to work, the kid went home with Memaw & Papa and I got to go home and enjoy peace and quiet, save for 8 dogs. Sunday... hmmm. Picked up and gave a friend a ride home, went to the bowling alley to collect our season prize winnings (woohoo, can you say CASH?), had tickets for the Rangers game (they won, 4-3), went home, put kid to bed and took care of 8 dogs. Monday... got up too damn early for a day off, took the kid and Randi the foster boxer to do a home visit on a boxer adopter applicant (nice couple, they passed), went up to my parents' store for a bit, me and the kid went to Jen's for lunch, went back to the store, I drove to Sherman (for those who don't know, that is fucking far) to pick up a boxer and drop it off at its new foster home near where I live. But 'cept, I couldn't get ahold of the new foster mother. So, it was 4 boxers, Abby the schnauzer, and me on the bed last night. Fortunately everyone got along with the new gal, her foster mom-to-be called me this morning and she will be going there tonight. She's SO cute, a white boxer, and within hours of picking her up yesterday I had no fewer than 4 people who wanted her. I got to talk to them about the group and the website and hopefully generate some potential adopters!

Good news and bad news re the puppies. Bad news, I heard back from the puppy lady, and she had had no other inquiries from anyone else interested in fostering the puppies. In fact, the e-mail response I got from here merely said "no". No elaboration, no "maybe I can help you find someone else." Just "no." Hmmmm, ok. Good news, in a separate e-mail I heard from the group that is going to be taking over the adoption process on them, finally. So I can get pictures to them and get these cuties up on their website for people to see before they cease to be little and cute. I'd love to see them get adopted together, they're so sweet and cute together. Anyone? Anyone? ANYONE? ANYFUCKINGONE?

Hey, in other good news, Phillip called my mom today, said they got a 2 hour break from their lockdown and that he thinks it might (finally) be over on Thursday. He is getting at least some of the mail we are sending, though my mom had called me before his call to her to say that she got one of her envelopes back. I had gotten 2 of my envelopes back and re-packaged and re-sent them last week. Picky ass mail nazis. Like, I'm sure that Phillip has little else to look forward to there and they gotta jack with his (and no doubt everyone's) mail. Unreal. Whatever. I can learn to comply with howeverthefuckitis they want the mail sent, once I figure out how that is.

I leave you with this...

Subject: A Good Solution

Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

Take the dirt from the moat and use it raise the levees in New Orleans.

Put the Florida alligators in the moat.

Now. . . , any other problems you want me to solve?

No comments: