Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Really Posted This on Friday Morning

But I wrote it on Thursday, so it counts for Thursday. :Þ

So we didn't watch American Idol last night, but while the kid was in the tub this morning, I TiVo'd through it. You know, so I could actually see who got booted without first hearing it on the news or online or whatever.

WOW. I correctly predicted the bottom 2, the rather startling bottom 2 since those were the 2 originally predicted to be in the finals. While I may have said yesterday that of those 2, whoever goes home is anybody's guess, I really didn't suppose it would be Chris. He was predicted by many to win the whole thing. WOW. Good for my man Taylor now though because it's looking pretty good for him at this point...

Anyway. I told the kid on the way out the door this morning that I knew who got sent home. She asked me to tell her. I asked if she was sure she wanted me to tell her or did she want to watch it tonight. She said she wanted me to tell her. We went back and forth for a bit - "Are you SURE?" "YES, tell me!"

So finally I told her. Bless her heart - she started to CRY. That, I was not expecting. I hugged her and said awwwww sweetie, it's ok, you wanted Elliott to win, remember? We called and voted for him for you. She said she knew but she liked Chris too and didn't want him to go home. Truthfully I think she may have cried no matter who went home. The next couple AI weeks may be rough.

Now I know how my mom felt when I was about the kid's age and I would watch Lassie every day, and every single day I would cry when it was over. Egads. Nice Mom, that one of mine. I've a feeling if that was me, it'd be "uh, Lassie isn't on today..."

In other news... Richard McNair has now been spotted in Canada. I say spotted... actually, has now eluded capture in Canada, I should say. Yes, yet again, he has wiggled his way loose from the cops. He was pulled over in a stolen car in Penticton, British Columbia, was asked to step out of the car, did so, then took off running. They did not catch him. They verified it was him through fingerprints on/in the car.

He did, however, leave behind in the car a digital camera with which he took pictures of himself. He has changed his appearance as you would expect, and I doubt I would have recognized him. In many ways this man is obviously very intelligent - eluding capture, going to Padre and throwing the authorities' attention to the Mexico border, then heading across the far opposite border. Taking pictures of himself with a camera he then left behind? Not so much smart. Fortunately. Because everyone knows what he looks like now. For all the good that is. Can't catch Osama, can't catch this guy... go figure.

No comments: