Friday, May 26, 2006

My Hesitantly Optimistic Friday Turned Bad

10:20 a.m.: So far, so good. I got the car dropped off at the dealer this morning to get the A/C fixed. Hopefully. It came on yesterday afternoon again, the 3rd time it's come on since it's quit working, and the guy seemed to think that given that it is coming on occasionally, the problem is not serious. Here is hoping.

I have also just sent an e-mail to the lady from whom I got the foster puppies. At this point, they are too much to handle along with everything else, and while I don't want to pawn them back off on her (she has a 10-month old baby and 10 dogs herself), I am hoping that she can look for and locate someone else to foster them. They are cute as can be but puppies are a lot of work.

4:18 p.m.: So supposedly, it's the compressor on yet ANOTHER of my vehicles, which I don't understand since it comes on intermittently, and neither does my uncle understand it, and he knows quite a bit about cars. $1371 at the dealership? I don't think so. Between that and the damn high interest rate I'm paying on that car note, I think... well nevermind what I think. Let's just say I think it may be time to focus on fixing the A/C in the Sunfire instead of this car, and let's leave it at that, shall we?

Then again, it seems I can get the part for $140 at a parts store. I can't wait to see the actual estimate and find out what the dealership wants to charge me for the part. They're going to earn that $80 diagnostic fee by the time I am done asking this long list of questions my uncle suggested I ask, along with a few of my own...

Oh, and did I mention that the puppy lady, while normally so immediately responsive to my e-mails, has not yet answered my e-mail from this morning?

ARGH!!!!!

Thank goodness for 3-day weekends.

Did I mention that while I am very happy that Taylor won American Idol, I am more than just a little sick of the phrase "soul patrol?"

No comments: