Friday, May 12, 2006

Apparently, I'm Falling Apart

My head hurts. My nose is sore and bleeds when I blow it and I may have a sinus infection again. Perhaps most importantly, or at least most irritatingly at the moment, my chest hurts.

Not in a heart-attacky kind of way. I don't think, anyway. In an I-pulled-a-muscle kind of way or something. Hurts to move. Hurts to take more than a very shallow breath. Feels fine as long as I'm still and don't breathe.

Sure, I can do that all day. No problem.

Friday. Wheeeee! Haven't talked to the kid's Mama in a couple days, don't know what her plans are or aren't for coming down tonight to get her. I can tell you I am wishing I had not decided to drive up there if she can't make it down, because I have a bad feeling that's what I am going to end up doing and I am not in the mood. I will do it if I must because I said I would, but I don't want to. Of course, I never told either the kid or Mama I would, but I did tell Phillip. He was happy and surprised that I offered, agreeing that she should be with her Mama on Mother's Day. He thinks I am too hard on Mama. But how soon he forgets. If I could sit in the car with her for that long I would take her to visit him and he could spend several hours with her and no doubt he would remember. But. Seeing as how I'd have to spend a lot more hours than that with her to make that happen... I think not.

I dropped the kid off at school this morning and her teacher stops me and says she has something for me. They both go get a cute paper flower and paper heart thing that she made in class, and the kid gives them to me and says "Happy Mother's Day." Teacher says that she knows I'm not "Mom" but since she lives with me I should have them. I'm touched. I kneel down and give her a big hug and a kiss, and then she steps back and says......

"And we can give these to Mama later, right?"

No comments: