Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Allow Me to Toot My Own Horn for a Moment

Isn't anyone going to say congratulations, you're doing so well, keep it up?!

Today is Day 18 of not smoking!

I know that since I haven't mentioned it lately, you probably thought I had wandered out of the non-smoking section and just decided to phase out talking about it rather than 'fess up, but I have not. And, if ever I was going to jump head first and willingly off the smoke-free cliff, it should have been this past weekend -- on my first long car trip as a non-smoker. But I made it through!

Now, had the drive been the usual 5 1/2 hours each way I might not have. But we got a reprieve of sorts this weekend and got to visit Phillip while he is temporarily at the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City, just 3 hours and 20 minutes away. The getting through the lobby part and to the visiting room was an absolute breeze compared with Pollock, too. The lady was nice, didn't unnecessarily jack with anybody, it was all good and we had a nice visit. In fact, everyone we encountered who worked there was pleasant.

Now if only the experience remains that pleasant once he gets to Beaumont -- and I can stay smokeless when the trip jumps back to 5 1/2 hours each way.

And did I mention that traffic was simply mah-velous on the way home yesterday, too?

No comments: