Monday, May 15, 2006

Not the Worst Monday Ever

Not the best, but not the worst. The best will be 2 weeks from today when we are off for Memorial Day.

The kid's Mama did come to get her on Friday, at a reasonable hour, and even returned her to the bowling alley last night before we finished bowling. The kid will talk about her visit over the next few days and probably say some puzzling aka revealing things. Like this morning. I asked her if she washed her hair while she was there (because it felt very coarse, unconditioned, while I was brushing it), and she said yes, but in the sink, because the bathtub wouldn't drain.

Hmmmm. Sounds as though the septic tank didn't get pumped last weekend after all, which was the reason for not coming down last weekend. (Egads, that must really suck.) I recall that during the course of the original conversation in which she didn't have the money to come down because she had to pay for that, the kid asked her "can't you just put it on your credit card?" Mama said she didn't have a credit card, and that "I'm not rich like Memaw and Papa."

They're rich? My parents are rich? Really? I am SO excited to know that. That's awesome. I had absolutely no idea! That's me, always the last to know.

The other puzzling tidbit came last night, when Mama said they had to hurry back, because she had to babysit her niece for her sister, who had to go to work at 5:00 a.m. this morning. She's available to babysit for her sister during the day? How is this possible? Where in the world is she getting her money when from the sounds of things, she has no job? Time will tell I suppose.

Me and the kid and my parents went out for a nice Mother's Day dinner last night. I felt bad because the gift I got her was rather large and I hadn't wrapped it so it was like, "ok, unwrap my trunk and figure out what in the trunk is your gift!" The gift was a hit though, she was very surprised and she liked it. I also thought I had left the cards up here at work in my desk drawer, but alas, they were not here this morning, and so while I managed to get them bought early, I have no idea where they are now. SIGH.

It's the thought that counts, right?

No comments: