Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So Long, Tinky! And, Happy TWAD

We sent our latest foster dog to live with her new owner last night. I may have mentioned her, her name is Tinkerbell, though she's a big dog - roughly the size of a small pony. My understanding is she was named by a 2-year-old. Anyway, her nickname is Tinky. I suppose her new owner may change it, I don't know. She is a wonderful dog and it's too bad I just can't willy nilly have all of the dogs that I want. I think the boxers aren't missing her though - she is pretty much an attention hog, demanding the lap at couch time and the spot on the bed next to me, and since she is bigger than them, she'd win. Have a good life at your new home, Tinky! Is this a cute pair or what?


I'll be making a call today about the next dog I am going to foster. I may have this one for awhile, this is for an actual rescue group and there will be paperwork and fees required for whomever wants to adopt her. Not that I'm not picky about the homes I find, I just don't have any paperwork or require any money. Anyway, her name is Allie and she's beautiful, and reminds me so much of my Nikki, who died coming up on 2 years ago now. Hopefully she will get along fine with the others.

Phillip made it to Beaumont Monday night. He was saying that it is a lot different than Pollock, and I have been researching it online this afternoon. The internet is both a blessing and a curse. What I am reading is not positive in the least and makes me worry more than I already did. As with anything difficult, we will all just have to continue to take it 1 day at a time - but man, what a lot of days are left on this one.

On a more fun note, it has been brought to my attention that today is Tighty Whitey Appreciation Day. So, go send an e-card and wish somebody a happy TWAD.

Somehow, I don't think that either the holiday or the acronym is going to stick.

No comments: