Friday, August 11, 2006

And in Other Boxer News...

I promise this isn't going to be a dog blog. (Hey, I really should MAKE a dog blog, that would be fun! But then I'd have less time to write here and everyone would get mad. Well, ok, no one would even notice. That's beside the point.) But, I promised you a picture of Carlee:



Is she a cute girl or WHAT? She is just over 7 years old. Apparently she was an owner surrender to a shelter. I don't know the details as to why they said they were surrendering her, but being that she has papers (which they actually turned in to the shelter and were given to us, and which papers reveal her ridiculous registered name, Halff's Gypsy. WTF kind of name...?), she hasn't been spayed, and she still shakes like a little leaf most of the time, I'd say she was used in a puppy mill and probably given very little affection. Ever. Tragic. She is such a little love and I hope that I can bring her out of her shell so that she won't be so scared all of the time.

**********************************************************************************

This has been kind of the week from hell. Shopping from hell, I was still sick, then Tuesday evening Buddy and Randi got into a huge fight. I mean HUGE. It was awful. I had to take Randi to the 24-hour emergency vet. She was in shock and had to be stabilized, and had several puncture wounds and a lot of blood. Or so I thought it was a lot of blood. Any looks like a lot to me. They said she lost a little but it wasn't bad. But her heart was racing and her pulse was weak and she was in a lot of pain. They wanted to do $1300 worth of stuff, but I happened to know from unfortunate recent dog bite experience that they shouldn't suture dog bite wounds unless they HAVE to. So I told them to stabilize her, picked her up early and got her to her regular vet, who indeed opted not to suture the bites. I had to take Buddy to his regular vet too. Both dogs are pretty beat up, though Randi got the worst of it by far, and on pain meds and antibiotics. Total vet bills: $633. Woo-freakin-hoo. But everybody's ok now, that is the important thing.

But I really need my pick 3 numbers to come in.

No comments: