Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cesar: 1 Foster Mommy: 0

Cesar got me good.

Cesar looks so innocent, but he's really quite a punk sometimes. A very sweet punk, though.

Yesterday I had to take him and Carlee (the newest foster - picture coming soon) to the vet. When I went to pick them up, I had my hands quite full - Cesar's leash in 1 hand and his meds in the other. A nice girl at the vet's office brought Carlee out to the car for me.

So, I open the front passenger door, let Cesar in, put his meds on the floor, lean across him, start the car and turn the air on. Cuz it's over 100 degrees outside and that's the kind of foster mommy I am. I walk around, take Carlee from the nice girl, go to open the rear driver door and... care to guess?

LOCKED.

Yes, all 4 doors were locked. Cesar stepped on the door locker and locked me out of my own car with it running.

Go ahead, laugh. I don't blame you.

Fortunately I am also the kind of foster mommy who leaves all 4 windows cracked ever so slightly when it is this hot, and I was able to force one of them down a bit more, get a coathanger in and roll the window down.

Cesar, you are going to have to do better than that, my friend. I am sure Callie will be happy to give you some advice on that. I'll expound on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's what you get for referring to yourself as "foster mommy" to your dog. They are too ashamed to be in the same car with you...hehehe. Couldn't resist.