Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Unhappy Hump Day

Duck. It's one of THOSE days.

On the way home from an errand last night, the car started to overheat, which it has been doing, on occasion, but this time it did so much more quickly, and also started to make a funny nose. So I bolted to my mom's and my uncle looked at it. One of the fan motors is out. It has 2 fan motors, but apparently needs both working to stay cool. So it is fine as long as you are moving, but if you get stuck in traffic or at lights you are screwed.

Sounds easy enough in theory. But if it was so easy, wouldn't everybody avoid traffic and lights, all of the time?

Anywho, my uncle followed me home and advised that I would need to drive the sucky back-up car, which still has no A/C. It's actually a good car and really only sucky because it has no A/C. It also doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the car I drive every day has, but I can survive.

So I got to my mom's this morning, ran the kid inside, leaving the back-up car running, came back out, chatted with my uncle about the other car, and took off, only to look down and discover that the back-up car was about to overheat.

U-turn.

My uncle checks it out, and says the fan works, but whatever tells the fan when to come on is not working. Ultimately he rigged it by direct-wiring it so that it would just stay on, so that I could get to work. When I got to work, I was to open the hood and take the vice grips off the wire, and I was supposed to hook it back up before I leave today.

Unfortunately, it started to get warmer just before I got here, and when I opened the hood to turn the fan off... the vice grips were still in place, but the fan was no longer running.

I'm screwed.

Hope your day is better. Wouldn't take much.

1 comment:

Christine said...

CRAP!
(And that is all I have to say about that)