Friday, August 18, 2006

The Ever Dreadful Strep Throat

That is what the doctor said yesterday the kid has. Poor baby felt just awful last night. Dada called and she could barely croak back to him. :(

If there is anything good about strep though, it is that once you start on the antibiotics, you feel better very quickly. By this morning she felt much better and just has the remnants of a sore throat. She let it be known though that while she was feeling better, she did not want to go to school today. Not to worry, kid, your doctor's note does not release you to return until Monday.

By the time I get a car with working A/C, I expect I will have sweated off about 20 pounds. At least that's what it feels like. Thank you Chrysler for turning out such a shitty car. I've had the car for 7 months and HOW much shit has gone wrong with it in that time? Granted it was used when I bought it but it still only has about 60k on it. I suppose it HAD to pick the hottest part of the summer to pull this crap, so that I'm driving around in upwards of 107 with no A/C. I see me trading in that POS quite soon. For one of these new things with a super long bumper to bumper warranty. Yeah, that is sounding REAL good right now.

During lunch today I very nearly melted while going to a fairly nearby animal shelter to evaluate a stray boxer for my boxer group. He is such a sweetie and very scared and I hope that we are able to help him. Isn't he cute?


Poor baby was picked up as a stray 4 days ago. He isn't super skinny like my Buddy was when I took him in, but you can tell he's dropped a few pounds as of lately. Hopefully we will be able to help him.

That's all I've got. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh the poor baby! i hope she gets better soon.

As for the heat I totally understand... I hate the heat! I am used to the cold and whenever the temperature rises abouve 20 I start to melt. I hope things turn out alright with the car.