Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The More Things Stay the Same...

...the more they don't change. Unless, of course, they get worse.

Well, ok, that is not entirely true. The kid is feeling better, in fact was feeling almost completely better the day after she started taking her antibiotic for strep throat. She went back to school yesterday.

We went to visit Phillip this weekend. It was good to see him, it always is. That trip schedule is grueling though, and I am always exhausted for about a week after. I had a follow-up doctor appointment yesterday and he recommended I start taking vitamins and getting rest. Uh, ok, the vitamins are something I can and probably should add, but the rest situation is not easily changed. Anyway, I also told him that the kid had strep throat late last week and gave me a "preventative" antibiotic I guess. It's something new, it's a liquid and you mix it up and drink it and you only do it once, it is supposed to be the same as taking pills for 7 to 10 days. He even gave me a free sample of it. That will be awesome if it works, but since I'm not really sick, how will I know?

Phillip called my mom last night with the best news in awhile. They are revamping their criteria for placement in September, and with the new criteria he thinks he will be redesignated as medium. That would be awesome because he could get out of maximum, where he never belonged in the first place, and because he could potentially be moved about 2 hours closer. Of course, he could go right across the street from where he is now, to the medium in Beaumont, which would be ok, same drive as now, but ideally he'd get moved to Oklahoma and knock 2 hours each way off of our drive. The best part would be for him though, getting him out of max. There's a lot of very dangerous people in max and he truly doesn't fit in that category. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed. He was going to come up for a review in March anyway but September would be much better!

Neither of the cars is fixed yet. I have a part ordered for the main car, and the back-up car has been better direct-wired so that the fan comes on when the key is on and goes off when it's off so no digging around under the hood at least. This no A/C thing in 107 degrees is about to wipe me out though. I'm sure that is partially why I am totally dragging. I went to bed at 10:00 last night and still got up late this morning - ACK! Hopefully though both cars will be fixed by the end of the week, I'll catch up on my sleep and all will be better.

It's good to dream.

No comments: