Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Kindergarten is Fun! And, I Didn't Pick and Eat Any Boogers Today! "

That is what the kid said yesterday when I picked her up after her first day of kindergarten.

What a relief that she thought it was fun and wanted to go back! And also that, so far anyway, no one would be calling her Booger Girl.

You see, the kid ended up spending what would have been the last 4 days of daycare/preschool with Memaw and Papa up at the store all day, because she didn't want to go back to school because some girls were calling her Booger Girl and Teacher wouldn't make them stop. (There was also a claim that Teacher, too, called her Booger Girl. Sometimes when we're telling stories, we start to exaggerate.) All I know is, the last few days she did not want me to leave her at all, and the last couple she looked thoroughly miserable when I walked in to pick her up.

Since there were only 4 days left, I saw no reason for her to suffer so. Plus, bonus, I saved a week's worth of daycare money as I didn't feel compelled to pay for the Monday she attended, seeing as how I paid for the almost 3 whole days they kicked her out over the lice deal.

So anyway, we had a talk about a fresh start and a new school and the importance of not picking and eating our boogers because now we know what bad can come from that and we don't want to be Booger Girl anymore. Apparently it sunk in. Maybe a little too well, if she was consumed with that thought...

Doesn't she look happy?


I am glad she was still so happy at the end of her day!

No comments: