Monday, February 27, 2006

First, the boring details

Wow, what a weekend. It will probably take me a couple of days to blog through the whole thing.

Friday... I don't even remember. I've slept since then (but just barely). I think I tried to get to bed early. Got up the next morning and went to the big sale at Kohl's even though Jen choaded out. Got the kid some cute clothes for a great price. Then I went to work at the liquor store until time to meet the dishwasher repairman. Met him and spent another $55 (total now $100 in service calls) to have him tell me that it is not as simple as the other guy thought it might be, though that is one of the problems, but additionally, since I ran it when it was already broken unbeknownst to me, it then threw a bearing in the motor. Two words: new dishwasher. Argh. He is coming back on Wednesday to install the new vent hood I got so I can finally ditch the old 70's-looking (which is when the house was built) gold one. He said if I got a new dishwasher before then he would install it at the same time. Looks like I'm goin' shopping tonight.

When I got back to the store on Saturday, my uncle installed my new Sirius radio in the car so we would have it on the trip to Louisiana. It is siriusly cool. (get it? siriusly cool? get it? huh?)
I got the sportster replay model which is kind of like TiVo for your radio, you can play back up to the last 44 minutes or something like that. So far my favorite stations are the 80's station (go figure) and of course the country stations. The traffic and weather channel is convenient - no more waiting around for it come around "on the 8's" on the regular radio.

Oops, gotta go. I've already accidentally stayed at work past 5:00! More later.

No comments: