Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You'll be so proud of me

I neglected to mention yesterday (due to 5:00-gotta-get-the-hell-outta-here-time-constraints) the absolute highlight of my Saturday morning.

(By the way, I know yesterday's entry says it was published at 4:18. That is what time I started the entry. I got interrupted by that pesky work stuff. I do not type that slow)

Anyway. Saturday morning I was putting the boxers out as we were about to leave for Kohl's, and something on the patio near the back door caught my eye. At first it looked like a strange clump of mud, but upon closer inspection, I realized this clump of mud had a long tail.

This was no clump of mud.

Obviously from the state it was in, the boxers had already discovered it and "worked it over". Wonderful. Have I mentioned the boxers are very "licky" dogs? I am certain I must have been licked at some point by dog/rat breath. I struggled to remember if either had managed to get a lick on my lips recently - I don't think so. At least.

I knew I couldn't leave it there for them to continue to "play" with, so I did what I had to do - that being, scooping the thing into a dustpan (that I wasn't fond of anyway and which had recently been chewed on by Buddy anyhow) and putting them both into a plastic bag. I still kind of can't believe I did it. I am sure I was only able to do it because it really did at that point just look like a clump of mud and not so much like a critter. Lovely visual, eh?

Yeah. But aren't you just so proud of me?

No comments: