Monday, February 20, 2006

A whole lotta nothin' goin' on

Ack, Monday again. Nothing exciting to report today. Just an average weekend, but c-c-c-cold. The high yesterday was like 30. Of course I'm seeing -20 below on the news in other places so I guess comparatively we're having a heat wave, but since one day last week it was 86 here, I reserve my right to bitch about 30. What else I don't like is all the precip freezing on the streets; I hate to drive on that crap. It's getting up to close to 50 today so that should all go away by the time I leave work.

The kid went to Oklahoma with mama this weekend. I was worried about that with the weather, as it was fine on Friday when they came to pick her up but I knew the weather was not going to be so fine by yesterday. Mama called at 6:20 last night to say they were just leaving, and they didn't get here until about 10:00. Lord knows what time they got home last night, but I don't know why in the world they waited so late to leave with the weather the way it was/is. Next weekend we'll go to Louisiana to visit Phillip, and supposedly mama will come get her the following weekend. We'll see. She has moved yet again, in with a new boyfriend, who drove her down both times this weekend. He seems like a nice enough guy I guess, but I met him for what, 5 minutes? He does tattoos. I guess at least he has a job and a house and a car...

I didn't get the dishwasher fixed on Saturday as planned. The guy was supposed to come at 9:00. He called at 8:00 to ask a question and said he'd see me at 9:00 or a little before. At 8:54 he called to confirm that he had been to my house before to install a new timer on my dishwasher. I told him yes, and that's why I was calling on him again. He then asked if I have cats. I said yes and then tried to explain that they don't come in the house because of the boxers, they live in the garage and outside, but he very rudely cut me off and told me he is extremely allergic to cats and dander and I'd have to get someone else to do it, and hung up.

Needless to say I was stunned. I called him right back to try again to relay the information about the cats staying outside, and at least to ask who else he could recommend, and he didn't answer, he let it go to voice mail.

I don't buy his sudden cat allergy excuse, and yet I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't want to come back to my house. He was already aware of the rat thing as I told him upfront that's what caused the damage. My check to him didn't bounce last time or anything, and he was very nice at that time, and this time on the phone right up until that last call. If he was truly allergic to cats, that should be his first question upon getting a service call, because lots of people have cats. Wait, I know. It must be because I am so hot that he could barely keep his hands off of me the last time he was there and he knew his willpower would not hold out this time. Hmmmm. Nah. Maybe 40 pounds and a great tan ago. Maybe the BBB can get to the bottom of it with the complaint I filed online this morning. Maybe it sounds stupid to file a complaint over that, but I'm pretty ticked off, because I made that appointment early last week and now I have to start the process of finding somebody else. ARGH. This is a pretty good website though.

What else? Not a thing. Wait. I had a follow-up doctor appointment this morning and I lost 3 pounds in the last 4 weeks without anything resembling effort. Woohoo! Just think when I start actually trying. My valentine bag of Dove chocolates in my desk drawer at work and the last of the Dr Peppers in my fridge at home will be gone soon, and then I can hit the Atkins full force. Maybe Thursday.

Last night's insomnia, which kept me awake until at least 2:00 a.m., made me yawn quite a bit at the doctor's office, which prompted Dr. Wonderful (as my friend Jen and I have dubbed her) to inquire how I am sleeping. Last night, coupled with my frequently waking up several times a night for no good reason, yielded me a sample of and a prescription for Ambien. I've had that stuff before and it rocks. Good night's sleep, here I come. That stuff works so well you've almost literally gotta already be in bed when you take it, or else you might not make it that far. I'd hate to take it in the kitchen and wake up in the hall just outside the bedroom or something.

At least the furnace, sans Target bag, wouldn't disturb me.

No comments: