Friday, February 10, 2006

No, thanks, I'll take your word for it

I got an e-mail today from a particular organization that I get e-mails from periodically. I signed up to get their periodic e-mails because most of the time I agree with what they have to say. Today I found their e-mail very strange:

"The February 6 episode of NBC's Las Vegas contained a scene inside a strip club. The content of that scene was extremely graphic. We have provided a video of the scene below.... Rather than trying to describe it to you, I would rather you watch it yourself. "

Then they want me to follow a link to file a complaint with the FCC about this particular television content being shown during prime time.

In other words... "We find this content highly offensive. Here, watch it."

That's like "Ewww, I think this milk is sour. Here, taste it, will you?"

Not a lot else to say today. I'm still waiting for those comforting e-mails and/or blog comments telling me my personality profile results are totally wrong. Hmmmmmm.....

Have yourselves a great weekend.

No comments: