Thursday, February 09, 2006

What does a personality test know, anyway?

I wasn't gonna blog today because I feel all blogged out from that War and Peace entry yesterday but I suppose I could post a thought or two.

Truly Nolen has now rat-proofed my house and set out traps. The good news is that he said he didn't really see where there had been a lot of rat activity in the attic. The bad news is he was concerned to hear that I have heard more activity from my kitchen than I ever have from the attic.

He could not possibly be as concerned as me.

He'll be back in a week to follow up. I really hope they pay him a lot of money. You couldn't pay me enough to do that.

I had to go back by the doctor's office today. Some of my lab work came back odd and they wanted to take some more blood. Of course, when they called the other day they said they wanted blood and pee, so I'm like hopping up and down by the time I go by there because I wanted to be sure I'd be able to "go" then so I didn't all morning, then she tells me they don't need that, just blood. Gee, thanks. It was all right by me though. For some strange reason, they don't have a sink in the restroom where they collect their "samples". Women don't have it so easy as guys in the giving samples regard and I for one always end up setting the cup down after filling it and reaching immediately for the sink because ewwwww. Last time I didn't realize there was no sink until I was reaching for said sink and--well, it wasn't fun. There is a sink right outside the door, but I don't even want to imagine the germs on that door handle.

And now that I've told you way more than you ever wanted to know, I'll leave you with this:






And the narrative part said:

Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Orderliness results were very low which suggests you are overly flexible, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense too often of reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Extraversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive.

Trait snapshot:

messy, depressed, introverted, feels invisible, does not make friends easily, nihilistic, reveals little about self, fragile, dark, bizarre, feels undesirable, dislikes leadership, reclusive, weird, irritable, frequently second guesses self, unassertive, unsympathetic, low self control, observer, worrying, phobic, suspicious, unproductive, avoidant, negative, bad at saving money, emotionally sensitive, does not like to stand out, dislikes large parties, submissive, daydreamer

Now I disagree with most of that. Bizarre? Reclusive? Weird? And doesn't that seem like an awfully high paranoia score? But then again, I am taking the crazy pills... and the rats are out to get me.

Oh, but hey, guys, the sexuality score is pretty high, too (wink wink). Don't let the materialism score scare you off.

Maybe I should take it again in a few weeks when the meds have kicked in.

In the meantime, please, friends who know me, tell me how much you disagree with my results. Pretty please?

Be sure to take the test yourself and send me your results.

Thanks to Christine for that link. At least, I think thanks.

2 comments:

Christine said...

What's funny about this test is that I took it the first time last weekend was I was in a terrible funk. I didn't post it because I felt like that would come through. I took it again when I felt better and lo and behold, the results were essentially the same. Hmmmm

WendyC said...

Shhhh, don't tell me that... let me enjoy the dream awhile longer... LOL (I guess this is where my "avoidant" score of 56% kicks in, eh?)