Wednesday, February 22, 2006

You heard it here first...

...though you probably figured it out on your own, American Idol fans. I predict that Stevie and Heather are toast. Can't wait to see how the guys do tonight.

Woohoo, I finished my online defensive driving course today. Boy did that suck. But it's all done, all I have to do is await my certificate in the mail and send it off. And wow, weeks before my April deadline too. That's a switch. I'm usually taking a day off work to take a course on absolutely the last day I can take it to beat the deadline. You know, that procrastination thing. I took it this time for a ticket that I got on Thanksgiving (wasn't that sweet of them to give me a speeding ticket on Thanksgiving? ), but I'm looking forward to the insurance discount, too.

What else? As you may have guessed I was just a little swamped yesterday, completely frazzled in fact. That used to happen a lot more often than it does now so I really can't complain, but when it's busy it's bad busy.

To top it off, the kid had her ballet and tap class yesterday, and the routine is she goes to school dressed for ballet and takes regular clothes with her to change into right after. Now in the past I've been known to forget it was ballet day and thus she didn't get to wear her ballet clothes; yesterday, however, it ended up pretty much the opposite in that she wore her ballet clothes and I left her backpack with her regular clothes at home. I had to go to Target at lunch and buy her an outfit complete with shoes so she could change. What a day.

Truly Nolen comes back today. I really hope that little fucker I heard the evening after their last visit is in a trap by now. If he's not, then he's still in there...somewhere... Same for the one I heard in the attic. I'm really ready for this whole rodent thing to be all over with. You have no idea. Actually you probably do, I have blogged about it enough. A new guy is coming on Saturday to look at the dishwasher, hopefully this guy will actually show up and fix it.

I got a fantastic night's sleep Monday night after taking the Ambien. I took another last night... but sleep last night--not so good. I was still awake an hour after taking it and I woke up a couple times in the 2 hours before the alarm was set to go off. That's not a good sign (yawn).

And that's the extent of today's excitement. Yeehaw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter wants to try Ambien, it sounds like it works pretty good. We're a house full of insomniacs!