Wednesday, January 18, 2006

All Jacked Up

Today is the day! The Gretchen Wilson concert. I am taking my 5-year-old niece. She doesn't know, it's a surprise, and she is going to be thrilled. She only knows I'm picking her up early and I have a surprise for her. She kept hearing about it on the radio and talking about it and finally the other day we had this conversation:

Kid: Is the all jacked up girl coming into town?
Me: Yes, sweetie, she is.
Kid: Can we go see her?
Me: Well I don't know about that, the tickets cost a lot of money.
Kid: I have some money. Can we go?

Awwwwww.

I have actually had the tickets since November. (That's a sore subject too. Paid $120 for them after fees from Ticketmaster, and now 99.5 is giving them away if you go by somewhere and let them slap a bumper sticker on your car. Ouch.)

Don't worry, I'm not going to turn this into an "auntie" blog as it were. But you really haven't seen cute until you've seen her singing "I'm here for the party, and I ain't leavin' till they throw me out. Gonna have a little fun, gonna get me some, you know I'm here..."

Bad aunt. Bad, BAD aunt!! That's all me, too. Neither one of her parents really listens to country music much.

And I know it's inevitable. I'm just waiting for it. One of these days she's going to ask:

"get me some what?"

And then I'll wish I had listened to talk radio in the car.

No comments: