Monday, January 16, 2006

Wendy's Top 10 Pet Peeves...

...or Things that Otherwise Just Generally Piss me Off!!!!! (some for no good reason)

In no particular order of importance:

1. People who, in a restroom with 4 stalls, and I, the only person in there at the time, am occupying the furthermost stall, come in and situate themselves in the stall right next to me. why, Why, WHY??? Space is GOOD whenever possible.

2. People who, at the elevator on the bottom floor of a building, are right there at the doors, ready to step onto the elevator the moment they open. Hey, PEOPLE, there are most likely folks needing to get off the elevator and you are IN THEIR FREAKING WAY! Most importantly, you are in MY freaking way.

3. People who run their sprinklers such that water sprays past their yard and into the street and thus I have to drive through their sprinkler and/or the puddle in the street their sprinkler has created, with my brand new used car. Hey, asshole -- next time, I'm stopping and knocking on your door for quarters for the car wash. And why the HELL are you running your sprinklers in January, anyway?

4. Hypochondriacs. I can't expound on this one much here because there are people close to me who fit this bill. Not that the one in particular I am thinking of at this moment even owns a computer or knows what a blog IS, but I'm not taking any chances. 'Nuff said.

5. Anti-smokers. I know, I know, I should quit, and someday I will (which someday will be farther out on the calendar than the someday I am going to start the diet), but in the meantime, do you MIND? I consider myself a very polite smoker, I only smoke in designated areas so if you don't like smoke, STAY OUT OF OUR DESIGNATED AREAS. I don't deliberately blow smoke at anyone or otherwise purposely subject them to second-hand smoke, so keep your disgusted sighs and grimaces and nasty comments to yourself. I am glad for you that you don't smoke but stop harassing me and everyone else who does, already!

6. Neighbors who gawk while you are cleaning out your garage. Hey, lady, I see you, staring over here while walking backwards to your front door from your mailbox. By the way, the mail doesn't run on Sundays, which is why your box was empty. Nice try.

7. Neighbors in general, while we are at it. Neighbors do all sorts of crap that pisses me off. Like parking their vehicle right across from my driveway which makes it harder for me to pull out. (Funny thing, that doesn't seem to happen anymore since my bumper accidentally brushed the door of a vehicle parked there one morning. Oh, not to worry, it was just a bumper mark, easily buffed out. I would have offered to buff it out for them but I never saw the vehicle there again, and I don't think anything has parked itself across from my driveway since.) Anyway, I'm sure I do all sorts of crap that pisses them off too. Like I keep buying cars and not selling any and my latest new used car makes 5 in my driveway now. (Well 1 isn't mine, my Dad's been storing 1 there for a few years now. Where do you think I get it from?) I am sure they wonder why 1 person needs so many cars. I don't, ok? WTF is it to you, anyway? If you'd leave me alone and let me clean out my garage in peace, I might be able to get 1 or 2 of them in there.

8. People on street corners with signs asking for money. Ok, bear with me on this one, I can't be the only person who absolutely can't stand this. I understand there are actual homeless people in need of help, and I feel for them and make proper donations accordingly. However, most of the people standing on the street corners with signs actually do that for a job. Haven't you ever noticed it is the same people all the time? For example, before my dad's store moved, it used to be on a busy corner. At the end of day this lady who'd been standing out there all day would come in with a wad of money, buy a bottle of something expensive, then ask us to call her a cab to take her 3 blocks down the street to the hotel where she was staying at because she didn't want to walk that far. Some of them are probably making more money every day than you and I make, and it's TAX FREE. I work in Dallas, where they have adopted a "zero tolerance" policy of sorts against people asking for money on the streets. It has cut it down a lot; I am rarely approached there. I really wish Arlington and Fort Worth would adopt similar laws. Ok, I'll get off the soapbox now and if I pissed anybody off - well, deal with it.

9. Driving down the road and hearing "BOOM ba BOOM ba BOOM" coming from the car next to me. Especially if all of our windows are up and my music is on too. I should not be able to hear someone else's music that clearly!!!!! What makes you think we ALL want to listen to whatever the hell that is you're listening to?

and last, but not least:

10. Installing a toilet paper roll so that the tissue unwaps from the under side of the roll. It goes OVER, dammit!

You should really take a look at demotivators if you get a chance

2 comments:

Christine said...

I really don't mind the pan handlers and try to give them a buck or two. I figure anyone that feels like that is the best job they can get, tax free or not, is a lot worse off than I. Oh, and I won't even TOUCH that toilet paper thing!

WendyC said...

Maybe I have become "desensitized" to them because there are a lot of panhandlers who hang out at/near my parents' business. If we gave all of them money we'd go broke!