Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy Hump Day

Almost halfway through the week, woohoo.

Something very strange just happened. I got a call on my cell phone from a 504 area code. When I answered the lady said she calling from Walgreen's. I thought at first that maybe they realized how ticked I was the other night when I couldn't get my prescriptions filled there and corporate was calling to smooth things over (though I couldn't imagine they cared that much). So I started chatting about that, but she said she didn't know anything about that and started asking me about my prescription for Advair that I had turned in.

I asked her where she was located and she said Magazine Street in New Orleans. I told her I am in Dallas. I have never had a prescription for Advair and I don't have any pending prescriptions at Walgreen's and I haven't even been to New Orleans since December 2001.

She repeated my first and last name which I confirmed. Then she said she guessed it was a mistake and would take it off the list and that would be that.

Whoa Nellie, wait just a fucking minute here.

I want to know a lot more about this. How did she, at Walgreen's on Magazine Street in New Orleans, get my name and number here in Dallas/Fort Worth, and information on an alleged prescription for Advair? I think I should be concerned. This is after all the age of identity theft.

This is too weird.

Of course I don't know who or why anyone would want to be me. My credit's not that great so I can't help you there. And if you're gonna pretend to be me to get illegal prescriptions, then for goodness' sakes at least go for something besides Advair. C'mon, go for valium or xanax or vicodin, or the Tylenol with codeine at least, SOMETHING.

I checked my Walgreens account online and there's nothing unusual. Well I did note that for some reason they list 2 active prescriptions from the same doctor for Flonase, totaling 17 available refills by the end of October. So if anybody needs some Flonase... that was of course a joke. (my disclaimer in the unlikely event any law enforcement personnel happen to log on to this. So really, if you need some Flonase...)

Not to be A/R but this is troubling and I think I should get back on the phone to that Walgreen's and look into it.

No comments: