Monday, January 16, 2006

Never do today what you can put off until...

Monday is such a sucky day to start a diet. For that matter, any day. Besides, it'll never work as long as I have Dr. Peppers in my fridge. And Hershey kisses. Might as well eat/drink all that crap so it's not there, calling my name, right?

Just agree with me. I don't want to hear it.

Bowling night last night. We won 1 game out of 3. Hard to win when someone on the other team bowls a 296. Exciting to watch, though, but thus we lost 2 games. But, they had jello shots 2 for $1.00. YUM! Didn't have too many though. Been down that road before, thanks, in conjunction with a lot of beer. It's a painful, torturous road the entire next day, trust me. And Mondays are bad enough.


This is my boxer, Buddy. Well one of my boxers. Yes, he is at a liquor store, behind the counter at my parents' store. He showed up on my doorstep almost a year ago, thin as a rail but just a real charmer. After being unable to find his owner, I had to keep him. I HAD to. Then I adopted Callie, his boxer girlfriend, from the Texas Boxer Rescue for him to play with. All my other dogs are too little for him to play with the way he likes to play.

Buddy has suddenly developed this very bad habit in the mornings. As soon as he realizes I am awake, he will stand up, taking care to make sure he steps on my hair. As soon as I say "Aaaaauuuuggggghhhhh" in pain, Buddy takes the opportunity to stick his tongue in my mouth. Then he laughs at me, I swear. Quite a character, that Buddy. What Mr. Clever doesn't realize is he's going to be sleeping outside if he doesn't limit his French kissing to his girlfriend. And they do. See?



They are dolls, both of them. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

Rodent Update: Haven't heard any rats the last couple nights. Time to overhaul the kitchen now. Probably gonna wait till my uncle or someone braver than me can come over to be available to dispose of any corp... er, anything unpleasant I might encounter along the way. What a pleasant thought to my already fabulous Monday morning. Woohoo.

No comments: