Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oh, the Irony

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing only underwear made of Saran Wrap. The psychiatrist says, "Well, I can clearly see your nuts."

In most cases it is not quite that obvious. Fortunately for me.

Apparently the cause of all of the headaches and the recent worsening of said headaches was a combination sinus infection (ah ha! I knew it. I should have been a doctor) and having a bout of the crazies. Well, the nice doctor didn't actually say crazies, the terms she used were "stress" and "depression". I actually have suspected as much for awhile but frankly have been too unmotiviated to do anything about it. That's the crazies for ya.

A lot's gone on in the last year beginning with a specific, marked event. There was the initial flurry and worry of what's gonna happen next and we gotta make better what we can sort of make better, and fast, before all of this somehow gets even worse. Now, life has finally settled down into "this is the way it is going to be for awhile", and it's time to deal with it and try to get things back into some sort of routine.

So I left the doctor's office armed with a couple of free samples and some prescriptions. Antiobiotic and Flonase for the sinus trouble plus a couple of others to do battle with the rest. I planned to drop them off on the way to taking the kid bowling and pick them up on the way back. Simple, right?

I haven't been writing this blog long, but you should know enough by now already to know that with me, nothing is ever simple.

That's not always my fault. 5 pharmacies and an hour and a half after the initial drop-off attempt at the first, I was still trying to get the stupid prescriptions filled. 2 were "too busy, it'll be in the morning" (Walgreen's. Nevermind that the 1st Walgreen's specifically sent me to the 2nd Walgreens, who told me the same thing), and 2 did not have one of the meds in stock and had to order them (CVS).

So, basically, I'm trying to get stuff to make me not crazy, but trying to get the stuff is making me even crazier.

Oh, the irony.

But it gets better.

Eventually I got them filled at Target, though they didn't have all of 1 of them so I have to go back for the rest. Whatever, ok. I finally got home and was reading over all of the prescription information on the inserts and on the bottles, etc. You'll never guess what one of the prescriptions advises.

"May Cause Headache"

Well go fucking figure.

No comments: