Friday, January 13, 2006

TAG! I'm it

Ok, I have been tagged by Christine (ha! I figured out how to link today! At least, I think) so here's the start to a little more about me!

1. Hum a jingle of which you know all the words.

hmmmm hmmmm hmmmhmmm hmmm hmmm hmmmhmmm....

LOUDER!!

HMMMM HMMMM HMMMHMMM HMMM HMMM HMMMHMMM.... (oh crap my boss just walked by)

Ok, now write it down so we can remember it too.

I'm a pepper, you're a pepper, she's a pepper, he's a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too? Be a pepper, drink Dr. Pepper, be a Pepper........

There's also my other favorite, I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid...

2. As a kid, you played a board game over and over. And you cheated you little bastard. What was the game?

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me, but my dad was the king of all cheaters, where do you think I learned it from? I HAD to cheat to stand a shot! We used to play Connect 4 all the time. Until I caught on to him and started fighting back and he realized he had taught me too well. Then we moved on to backgammon, which I still love to play online. Impossible to cheat there though!

3. What is the name of the song that you have been singing the incorrect words all these years? What were you singing? What should you have been singing?

Well, I know there have been some but I can't think of any and they weren't all that amusing or I would remember. One that my brother did that still cracks me up is the old Kenny Rogers song, which should go:

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. With 4 hungry children and a crop in the field..."

But in Phillip's version went:

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. With 400 children..."

Hell, Lucille, you hung in there longer than I would have.

4. What is the most embarrassing childhood story that your parents drag out just to fuck with you for their own private amusement.

I've been very fortunate in that my parents don't do things like that. They did recently tell my 5-year-old niece what I used to call myself before I could pronounce my own name and try to get her to start calling me that. I don't really want to adopt the nickname "Eeenie" at this stage of my life, thanks anyway Mom.


Well that was fun, probably more fun for me than those of you reading it though. And it was a lot more fun that what I'll be doing when I get home tonight, which is scoping for dead rats. I'm trying to convince my uncle to come over and actually search them out and dispose of them. We had to put poison out up in the attic and in the kitchen cabinets last night as we kept hearing the nasty things. I absolutely hate rats, and hearing "scratch scratch scratch" coming from my kitchen just completely oooks and freaks me out. I can't go in the kitchen now without being "on guard" and ready to run screaming from the room at the slightest imagined sound. Fortunately I guess we eat out most of the time anyway.

Talking of that reminds me of the surprise I got the other day. We came home the other evening and as I unlocked and opened my front door, our poodle, Prissy (whom we adopted from the Humane Society and is a hurricane survivor. My niece's idea, she wanted a poodle. I'm more a boxer type. Have 2 of those. Plus 2 more dogs. But I digress), ran outside as she always does. I called her back inside, shut the door, told my niece to go get ready for bed, set down all my stuff, etc. A moment later I looked over at the couch and there was Prissy, surrounded by bird feathers all over the couch and floor, "gnaw gnaw gnaw"ing on a dead bird carcass. I screamed. And screamed. And screamed again for good measure. Scared the poor kid to death in the other room, but the dog was not phased a bit, just pissed when I whisk-broomed the whole mess into the dustpan and then the trash. Thanks a lot Prissy. And on my birthday, too.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Bad Prissy!!! Yeah, the rat thing would freak me out too. Let us know how that went.
Thanks for playing Eenee. hehe

WendyC said...

Thanks for writing back! Otherwise I'd feel like I'm talking to myself! LOL