Monday, January 23, 2006

"Happy Monday" is SOOOOO an oxymoron

Ok, so it's Monday again and I've decided to put off the Atkins diet until tomorrow. All the Hershey kisses are gone but there's still 1 Dr Pepper in my fridge (I have learned since last week that there is no period in Dr. Pepper - isn't that just extremely interesting?). Besides, this day sucks so bad I am not going to intentionally inflict any more distress on myself.

We finally got some rain this weekend after I'd say at least a month without any. Badly needed but I must say the timing could have been better. It rained near and far to here too because we drove to Louisiana this weekend to visit my brother and I'd say that out of about 11.5 hours in the car (total, not each way), we were getting rained on for a good 8 or 9 of them. It is SUCH fun to drive I-20 in the rain in the middle of the night, and apparently not far behind a truck hauling some sort of debris that was not a matter of concern to the driver when it fell out of the truck at various stages on the highway. Had a nice visit though (I'll expound more on that another time). Did I mention I didn't sleep Saturday night due to the drive? So, stressful weekend + lack of sleep = 1 shitty Monday.

And I mean shitty literally.

Woke up later than I wanted this morning but managed to get out the door at a time that made getting to work on time at least a possibility. Until, of course, I noted as I was buckling the kid in the car that I had just stepped in something.

I am an animal lover, espeically dogs, but I'm gonna hunt down the dog that shit in my driveway.

S'okay, I thought, it just rained, grass is wet, it'll come right off. NOT. I managed to step in it such that it creeped up the side of my shoe, plus the bottom of my shoes have ridges in them, and thus my attempts at removal via wet grass failed.

All right, the water hose is right over there; I'll just turn it on slow and take care of this quickly. Did I mention there is virtually no grass by where the water hose is? Remember how I said it just rained?

Instead of cleaning my shitty shoe with the hose, I ended up with 1 shitty shoe and 1 muddy shoe. Could have been worse, I suppose. Had I pursued the idea of the hose, I no doubt would have ended up with mud splatters on my pants.

Day hasn't gotten much better from there. Work is fine, not overly busy or terribly stressed, but my daily headache attacked with a vengeance this morning. So much so I have made a doctor appointment to see if my belief that I may have a sinus infection is in fact the case. (I'll spare you the gory details aside from the daily headaches that lead me to believe this)

The only wrench in that thought is that I have been getting daily headaches long before I thought I might have a sinus infection. I just recently learned that you if you take Tylenol or Advil for something for more than 10 days in a row, you should see a doctor as that indicates there may be a problem.

10 days? Wow. Do you think it's a problem that it's been going on for weeks, months even?

I have been taking BC powders pretty much daily for some time now. And I don't just take 1, I take 2 of those puppies at a time. Works faster that way. Anyone who's ever taken BC powder knows how nasty they are. They had to make them work, no one would ever take them a second time if they didn't.

Saturday I got a headache that not even 4 BC powders and 2 Excedrin tension headache pills taken within 6 hours could touch. My headache this morning was similar, but fortunately the 2 BC's worked for the most part.

Hmmm, it just might be time to look into this.

Ugh. Could this day and this blog entry suck any more?

No comments: