Thursday, January 26, 2006

Look what reading my horoscope led to

If you're looking here for something funny today, come back later. This one probably isn't gonna make you laugh much.

My horoscope for today:

Capricorn(Dec. 22-Jan. 19) Clear thinking definitely isn't your forte right now, so hold off on any big decisions -- especially ones that involve your wallet or putting your John Hancock on legal and binding agreements.

Let me just say I don't put much stock in horoscopes, but sometimes they get lucky and are right on. You know, like a stopped clock being right twice a day - it's bound to happen once in awhile.

"Clear thinking definitely isn't your forte..." HMMMM, ya think?

I probably haven't been thinking clearly for quite awhile. Years, even. Thus the ex-husband and the several general now-exes that have followed. Some of those troubles were caused by men being typical men, or worse, really bad men, but some of the troubles that arose in my post-divorce relationships had to do with the fear-of-trust-based-on-others'-bad-behavior factor, thus leading to radical and not clear-headed behavior on my part.

Who can blame them for thinking in the end that I'm nuts? I was. Still am.

Ah, but now we have the anti-crazy meds. And aren't they just da bomb? (do people still say that? I'm not exactly that up on current trends. I am sure that will change once my niece begins to thrust them upon me, but for now, I'm not so much up on them) At least the xanax rocks so far. 2 of the best nights of sleep I've had in quite awhile.

Anyway, the other day the nice doctor and I had a long talk about a lot of things. She's a regular MD so I was actually a little surprised by all of the time she spent with me. Most doctors breeze in and then breeze on to the next patient. I began by telling her the bare minimum of my chaotic life just so she would understand the general plethora of problems in my life causing all those headaches, but then she started asking questions. Uncomfortable questions. She was not surprised to hear that I've had troubled relationships with the wrong men pretty much since I started having relationships. But she did seem a bit appalled to learn it's been 2 years since I've been in a relationship.

Haven't even dated. Haven't tried. Haven't wanted to. Still don't. The last relationship was the worst one and if that's an indication of how bad things can get then I don't want or need any part of a relationship, ever. Besides, I have the kid to think about now.

The nice doctor assured me that will change. That really the crazies are a chemical imbalance and once corrected, she has often found that women make smarter choices and magically find Mr. Right.

Well, ok, she didn't say anything about magic, but she did say I should find myself making smarter choices which in theory could lead to a good relationship. She has seen it happen, to herself included.

Wow, what would that be like?

No comments: