Friday, April 07, 2006

57 Minutes till 5:00 Friday

Yes I'm desperate for titles. But wheeeeeee, it's Friday afternoon. Praying for smooth sailing until 5:00.

Ok, I'm not going to go on and on and on about this the way I know I do some things, but I do have some more info/thoughts on prison escapee Richard Lee McNair.

Let me start by reiterating that this situation is in no way funny; it's very serious. A convicted murderer with 3 consecutive life sentences is out on the loose with absolutely nothing to lose. There's nothing funny about that. Now, that said...

Did you know when the police officer in Ball questioned the guy and let him go, they got the whole conversation on video? Watching this video if you didn't already know this is the guy they're looking for would be one thing, but the knowing makes this video absolutely hilarious.

Yes, I said hilarious. Here, see for yourself: Video. (I don't know how long that link will be there, but I can't seem to save it as a file, though believe me, I'd love to)

There's so many holes in this guy's story it's not even funny. That aside, had the officer so much as paid attention to the guy's name, he surely would have been detained. At the beginning of the video he asks his name. The guy says it's Robert Jones. At the end of the video the cop says "what was your name again?" and this time it's Jimmy Jones. Of course the guy has no ID on him because he's out jogging. The cop is pretty much yuking it up with the guy the whole time. But don't let me spoil the whole thing for you, you really should watch it for yourself. Half my office thinks it's hilarious too.

As of the writing of this entry, the guy has not yet been apprehended. I'm kind of glad we weren't planning to go visit this weekend. Then again, I don't suppose we'd have anything to worry about. It's not like the guy's going to try to break back IN to the prison.

******************************************************************************
What else? I was so off on my Idol predictions I don't even want to talk about it. I didn't pick a single one in the bottom 3. Note however I did say that I didn't like Mandisa's song one bit. Guess her fan base wasn't as big as I thought.

I've decided my cookie/kooky friend is developing a cookie addiction. But, only cookies from this one particular bakery nearby; she scoffed at my offer of a Chips Ahoy yesterday when she said she was craving a cookie. I suppose, comparatively, that she's right, Chips Ahoys are not real cookies. She actually wanted cookies and a Starbucks coffee for lunch today. So we did. Well we ate something real, too. If pizza is considered real.

That diet thing is coming along great, by the way. It's called the "eat whatever you want and don't worry about it, you can always buy bigger clothes" diet. Best diet ever.

On a final note, you should listen to this. Listen to the 60 Seconds with Ernie Brown dated today re Illegal Immigration. I love it, it is totally right on with some of my thoughts from the other day.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: