Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hooray, Today is my Friday!

You know how when you finally notice something, you start seeing it everywhere?

For example, the last 2 vehicles I bought - I'd never paid particular attention to either of them until I bought them, and then suddenly I started seeing them everywhere. So... this is either a case of that, or it's suddenly an epidemic:

From KRLD: (Thursday April 13) -- Dallas County deputies are looking for a prisoner who made a run for it while getting treatment at Parkland Hospital overnight. The last time anyone saw Ray Morales, he was wearing black pants with a hospital gown over them. Morales has been locked up at Lew Sterrett waiting to be tried on multiple charges. Through the night, deputies were checking addresses where Morales might know people but, so far, no luck.

I'm not searching these escape stories out folks, this is just what I hear on the radio that I follow up online...

***************************************************

Conversation with the kid this morning:

Me: Wow, look at the beautiful girl in the beautiful dress!
Kid: (smiling) Mmmm hmmmm
Me: (chuckle) And so modest, too!
Kid: Thank you
Me: Aw, you know you're beautiful, don't you?
Kid: Yes

Won't the teenage years be fun?

***************************************************

We have the day off at work tomorrow. We're leaving tonight to visit Phillip. My mom can't go but my aunt may be going with us. This should be interesting, since it seems that lots of people in the Pollock area are still afraid McNair might be lurking nearby. One article today says the authorities have basically no idea where he is, it's 50/50 he could still be in that area or someplace far away by now. Me, I think he's long gone. To paraphrase George Carlin: "I don't understand why people don't want a prison in their neighborhood. Even if a couple of prisoners happen to escape, what do you think they're gonna do, hang around? Isn't the point of breaking out of prison to get as far the fuck away as possible?" Yep, I would think.

***************************************************

Ugh, wrong wrong wrong on the Idol prediction. I got the given 2 out of 3 in the bottom, but should have stuck with Bucky as the next goner. At least Simon and I agreed, that based on performance Ace should have been the one to go. He'll probably be next.

***************************************************

Oooh, oooh, ooooh, guess what? I filed my taxes today. Yep, I didn't sit around and wait until the last minute and end up stuck in the line of cars trying to go to the post office on Monday. Woohoo! Given the awesome refund I am getting I cannot imagine why I did not file them much sooner. Oh well. It would have all been gone by now anyway so I still have it to look forward to, right?

Have a good weekend.

No comments: