Sunday, April 09, 2006

Yeah I prob'ly got a couple'a screws up in my head loose...

...but no worse than what's goin' on... oh. Hello there.

I have a confession to make. My current guilty pleasure is Eminem's song Shake That You can click there to read the lyrics (although I noticed that actually some of those lyrics are wrong) and no doubt you can find it on iTunes or someplace to download if you haven't heard it. It *may* be on the radio, I don't know, but if it is, about half of it is beeped out. I have heard it on satellite radio, and some of it is even beeped out there. One time was on the way to Louisiana that weekend that the kid wasn't with us, and suddenly my mom said "WHAT are you listening to?" Oops, I thought she was asleep.

Upon hearing or reading the lyrics, one has to wonder, what woman in her right mind could like that song? But then, we already know I'm not in my right mind at least some of the time. And I guess we know I'm not particularly a feminist, that is if the whole "girls shouldn't have to deal with rats, that's a guy job" thing didn't tip you off already.

But that song is just wrong. It's nasty and degrading to women and no way can I listen to it with the kid in the car (which means I don't get to hear it much and that may be part of the reason for the fascination), and yet...

Almost every song has at least one good line in it. Like this one: "Get buzzed, get drunk, get crunked, get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up." But can someone please tell me what "crunked" is, or even if that is actually the right lyric? That isn't really what it sounds like to me, although I don't really know what it does sound like. Anyway. You have to admit that "I get more ass than a toilet seat" is funny.

Well of course you know I just Googled "crunked". Apparently I am officially old and "out of it". According to Urban Dictionary, which seems to be a site on which just anyoldbody can submit definitions of words, I found the following entries for crunked:

-meaning drunk and high at the same time

-A word complete and utter retards use to describe getting smashed.
"Yeah, I was so crunked- Oh wait, here comes the short bus, I got to get on."


A state in which someone's conscousness is altered by both drinking
alcohol and being stoned off their ass:
Emily: Are you stoned yet?
Trevor: I'd thay tho mythelf, and drunk, too.. is there a word for that?
Emily: Yeah, you're "Crunked"
Trevor: Tomorrow when I'm still wasted at my dad's work, I'm going to post a useless definition on urbandictionary.com along with our conversation.

It means to be really, REALLY Drunk!
Guy1: YO Man I was Crunked-Up Last Night!
Guy2: How Crunked-Up Were You?
Guy1: I was so crunked up that I Did a fat chick from the back n got brain from her!
Guy2: Shitt...


Ok, so I guess the lyric really does say crunked.

But wait a minute... "got brain from her"?

Brain: Another word for head, or blowjob. This term is most appropriate however, because unfortuantely, most male brains reside in their penile regions
"That girl has a foot long tongue, I bet she gives great brain!"
Ok, I'd better stop reading that site... this could go on and on... there are lists of hundreds of words on that site that I thought I knew the definitions for, but apparently I don't actually know anything anymore.

Perhaps this song is a passing phase. One can hope. Damn catchy thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and to quote a famous comedian:

"She's so smart she doesn't give head. She gives brain if you catch my drift."
Robin Williams

WendyC said...

Ah, so that term has been around for some time and I have just, um, missed it. Well that's not surprising. I live under a rock, remember? LOL