Thursday, April 27, 2006

S.H.I.T.

T.G.I.F. vs. S.H.I.T.

A business man got on an elevator. When he entered, there was a blonde already inside who greeted him with a bright, "T-G-I-F.!"

He smiled at her and replied, "S-H-I-T."

She looked puzzled and repeated, "T-G-I-F," more, slowly.

He again answered, "S-H-I-T."

The blonde was trying to keep it friendly, so she, smiled her biggest smile, and said as sweetly as possible, "T-G-I-F."

The man smiled back to her and once again, "S-H-I-T."

The exasperated blonde finally decided to explain.

'T-G-I-F' means 'Thank God It's Friday.' Get it, duuhhh?"

The man answered, "'S-H-I-T' means 'Sorry, Honey, Its Thursday!'

Thanks to my friend Mickey for that laugh :)

Of course, that could also be 'So Happy It's Thursday.' Nah....

********************************************
Speaking of SHIT, I didn't get to make my Idol prediction yesterday since I had to leave suddenly. For the record, I would have been right. Kelli did not sing at all well and was the sure one to go in my book. Paris will probably be going next.

********************************************
I am going to be fostering another dog. Possibly 2 because me and my big mouth were a little quick on the e-mail draw. I really have to get off this dog rescue e-mail list. So many dogs and my heart goes out to all of them and I just want to help them all. Oftentimes they have places to go but need people to transport them. There seem to be quite a few trips between Dallas and Houston, so once Phillip gets to Beaumont and we'll be going through Houston occasionally, I may be able to help with that. That would be cool.

At least they FINALLY made an arrest in Mercy's case:

Reprinted here without permission (but also without financial gain to me) from the KRLD website:

"Suspect in puppy's burning death caught in Corinth
(Thursday April 27) -- Less than a week after the puppy named Mercy died from being set on fire, police now have the man they've been looking for. Dashawn Brown was arrested after leaving his mother's house in Corinth early this morning after police staked out several locations where he had been seen. He's accused of setting Mercy on fire, leaving her with burns over more than half her body. She died Sunday despite more than a week of intensive treatments. On Saturday, her care-givers from Operation Kindness will hold a public memorial in Carrollton."

I hope they throw the book at the will-someday-be-a-serial-killer-if-they-don't-throw-his-sorry-ass-in-jail-now-for-a-good-long-time-and-even-then-he-may-be-anyway dude.

I wish I could go to the memorial, but it's on Saturday, and, you know, I can't like, do anything on Saturdays but work.

********************************************
What else? Quiet here today. Most of the attorneys are at some golf thing, I dunno, the Byron Nelson or the Colonial or something. Naturally it's supposed to rain tomorrow, because it always does during one or both of those, hehehe. Though actually I'd prefer that it wait until Saturday. Yes, in case you were wondering, I hate golf. Well, except of course on nice quiet days like this one.

********************************************
Mmmm, yummmm, that new Dr Pepper Berries & Cream is deeeeeee-lish! Check it out.

No comments: