Monday, April 10, 2006

What the Hell am I Gonna Write About Today?

I noted last Monday (and probably every Monday before that) that Mondays suck. I had another busy Monday because (yet again) someone waited until the day something was due to be filed to even get started on it. But then, I am one to talk, oh she who has not yet filed her taxes... I have had them ready to go for weeks though, I just needed one piece of information from last year's taxes and I finally got around to digging that out so I can get them filed tomorrow. You'd think I'd have been more anxious with the buttload of money I'm getting back. I planned to file today but that pesky work stuff got in my way. In fact, my head is pounding but hopefully those BC powders will kick in soon. Like, before I have to get in the car and drive home into the sun would be nice.

I've been monitoring the news and I note they haven't yet caught that escaped prisoner. Now it seems it has made international news, as one of the articles I read had some reader comments posted and in one of them the person noted they saw it on the news in Germany.

Now, I have done some stupid things in my life, believe me, but boy, am I glad I have never done anything stupid that is included in a story of international interest. Knock wood. Guess that officer is getting his 15 minutes of fame... or infamy, as the case may be.

Speaking of news, the headline of one of the Dallas papers today says "Yesterday's pro-immigration rally drew up to a half-million people - the largest crowd ever in Dallas." Hmmmm. Seems to me like that would have been a good time to round some of them up; but then again, that would have started a riot. They said it was all pretty civil with few incidences which in itself is remarkable just for the number of people involved. I saw on the news this morning they were interviewing some of the protestors, and overall they basically just think it's their right to sneak in to the U.S., and then expect us to provide them services. Hello... you aren't supposed to be here in the first place, why are we obligated to take care of you? Personally I don't give a rat's ass what some of them are contributing to the economy, when probably close to an equal number are just here mooching. Now it looks like Congress is going to reward the ones who've managed to stay here for at least 5 years by granting them citizenship. Gee, we don't reward other criminals in this country, why them?

All right, I'll step down off my soap box and leave you with a laugh. I love it:

THE PERFECT DRESS

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement -- not even her parents' nasty divorce.

Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new young wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not. I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it," she replied.


Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later, they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it."


Her mother just smiled and replied,"Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great joke and I love your line about "rounding em all up" re the immigration fiasco. Brilliant!