Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Plot Thickens...

Worsens, as the case may be.

I dialed up the kid's Mama last night and as it began to ring, gave the phone to the kid to talk. Someone else answered, the kid said it was one of Mama's female friends who she has met before. I heard (via speakerphone) the friend try for a moment to wake Mama up (at 7:30pm), and then she told the kid that her Mama was sick and had been throwing up and that she was in bed and could we call her back in the morning.

This gets weirder and weirder. First hysterical about the "horriblest" day ever on Sunday, then chipper and cheerful and isn't life grand the next morning with no mention of her voice mails of the day before, then sick and throwing up and in bed before 7:30pm later the same day... I recall that yesterday morning Mama had made it a point to tell me that she is "clean" whilst telling me about all of the other great things in her life... odd because we have talked about that before and supposedly she has been clean for a very long time. I wonder.

I hope Mama doesn't have plans to come down here and take the kid to Oklahoma for the weekend any time soon. Because despite her legal visitation rights, that is not happening until I find a way to figure out what is going on.

No comments: