Friday, April 28, 2006

Beware the Scary Tomatoes Outside

Apparently the guy who was arrested for torturing Mercy has been released. A bond of only $2500 was set for this felony charge, so the lucky will-be serial killer got out for just $250 to $500 bail. Go figure.

PLEASE PLEASE go here and sign the petition asking that the maximum sentence be handed down on this guy. You don't have to live in Dallas or even in Texas to sign it and be heard. I just got an e-mail from Operation Kindness stating the guy has been charged with torture as opposed to animal cruelty - torture carries a possible 10-year sentence while animal cruelty is only 2 years. They're on the right track, at least. Let's sign the petition and urge them to follow it through to the maximum.

So you may find it odd that I'm so against that Phillip got the amount of time that he got, and here I am rallying for the system to throw the book at the dog torturer. The dog torturer is way different - he intentionally set out to do what he did - be cruel and inhumane to a defenseless animal. He deserves to have the book thrown at him. And that's all I have to say about that.
************************************

The kid's chickenpox are already in the beginning stages of crusting over, so that is a good sign. I am thinking she can probably go back to school on Monday. No word from Mama, who originally was asking about this weekend. In fact, we have heard nothing since we tried to call her and she was in bed at 7:30 p.m. and her friend couldn't wake her up to talk. In the wake of the chickenpox disaster we haven't tried to call again. We are going to visit Phillip in OKC this weekend as he hasn't been sent to Beaumont yet. We will drive almost right through Mama's town. I'm thinking we should definitely surprise her on the way back...
************************************

The weather here is just lovely. Practically a 100% chance of rain the rest of the day and apparently now a tomato watch. That's a joke between me and Jen; she called tornados, tomatoes when she was a kid and so we do that all of the time now. They sound less scary that way. Who'd be afraid of a tomato, right? I don't like them of course, but I don't completely freak out at their mention the way she does. I really hope there isn't bad weather tonight. I am supposed to go pick up my new foster dog and I wanted to go to Home Depot.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: