Thursday, March 23, 2006

Absotively Posolutely Nothing Exciting

Well shuckydarn if I wasn't (finally) right about ol' Kevin getting the boot. Sorry kid, but it was time. You had a good run. All right, Bucky, you're sweet but I think you're next.

Sadly, American Idol was the highlight of our evening last night. Well that, and Deal or No Deal. I really like that show and the kid does too. We yell at the TV our opinions as to what case numbers they should pick next and whether they should take the deal or not. It's fun. I went to the website to fill out an application to be on the show but it turns out it's not simply paperwork; you have to do a video to send in. Ultimately that is going to be way too much effort and I'm probably not "charasmatic" enough to be chosen anyway. I think you should just be able to text your application the way you can text your vote for a shot at the $10K every show.

I was going to go out and do some errands last night, but the kid was really tired, she fell asleep on the way home from work/school, and she wanted to lay down on the couch when we got home, so I decided we would stay in and she could go to bed early. I made dinner early, got some laundry going and we settled in front of the TV. Got to bed a little earlier myself which was nice.

So far the highlight of my day today was signing up for Consumer Reports online and finding out the refrigerator I was going to buy is rated a piece of shit; so much so, apparently, that Home Depot stopped carrying it just in the past week, as it is no longer listed on their website. So now the most reasonable one that is similar that is recommended as a "good buy" is $300 more. Though obviously it is far better to know now that my intended purchase was a cheap piece of shit, than after it craps out in a couple of years, or less. I'd forgotten how useful the Consumer Reports rankings really are in making purchases. It's only $26 a year to sign up to access it online. I've already saved more than that by revising which new grill I would like to buy based on their reviews. They also have info about recalls, and a medical guide, all kinds of stuff. Useful stuff.

That's all I have. If you've suffered through this whole dull blog entry, then here is a little something fun for you. I had absolutely no idea you could do so much with an iPod: 50 Fun Things to Do With Your iPod

No comments: