Monday, March 27, 2006

Can I Take a Nap Under My Desk?

It's very quiet today and I doubt anyone will miss me...

I have to say though that I am not as tired today as I normally am on the Monday following a trip to Louisiana. We made it home about 9:30 and I actually made it to bed a little after 10. I really wasn't that tired today until I made the mistake of eating a big lunch of salad, pizza and garlic bread... mmmmmmmm, Campisi's, but it made me sleepy. Aren't you hungry now?

We had a great visit with Phillip yesterday, the longest visit we've gotten so far. It's the first one we've had that was actually longer than our one-way drive. Though we had to wait awhile until the usual guy working the front got to us, we actually breezed right in much earlier and easier than ever before. We signed in 15 minutes after they opened. Next time we'll push harder for right on time, try to be first, and see what happens.

No matter the length of the visit, it is never long enough, and this one was no exception. Yesterday happened to be the 1-year anniversary of when all of this began. It boggles my mind to think that it has only been a year, and it is still such a long time until he comes home. I'm nowhere near as much of a wreck as I was in the days, weeks and even months after this first started, but still little things can unexpectedly set me off. Like the other day I was sending an e-mail to my dad, whose e-mail address begins similarly to Phillip's old e-mail address at work. If I don't type enough of Dad's address, then Phillip's old one pops up instead. I wasn't paying attention and a few minutes later got a "message undeliverable" response that what I sent didn't go through because I sent it to Phillip's. That was enough to set me off. It doesn't get any easier, and I am sure that it won't until he is home.

I got the dishwasher returned on Saturday, miraculously. My uncle was a big help with that. Unfortunately it looks like to get a decent one per Consumer Reports, I have to spend almost $500. Ack. I think that's going to put the new refrigerator on hold for awhile. My refrigerator works fine, I just wanted something nicer. Like with an icemaker, and water and ice in the door. This cheapo refrigerator was never meant to be my "household" refrigerator. My ex-husband and I bought it when we were staying at my parents' house. We put it in our bedroom because Phillip and his then-wife would drink all our sodas and gobble our food up. Hey, I never said Phillip couldn't be a bit of a pain at times, but I sure wish he was around to drink all my sodas up now. (He'll probably remind me that I said that when he comes home) How funny is that though, we put a full size refrigerator in our small bedroom. We were going to just get a small one but the big one was surprisingly only a few dollars more. Thus when we got the house, we already had that one. I should have made the ex take it with him as part of the divorce.

I'm taking Abby to the vet tonight. I am supposed to be getting her heart checked every couple of months, and I have been such a bad mom, it has been awhile. I heard her cough a couple of nights ago, just once, but I'm getting her in for a checkup. My Nikki had a cough for a couple of weeks before she died of congestive heart failure almost 2 years ago, which they say Abby is at risk for because she has a bit of a heart murmur. I'm getting her in today to get it checked out. Abby seems absolutely fine, but so did Nikki, except for the night cough, until the day before I took her to the vet. Nikki died as we were leaving the vet's office. The vet tried to revive her, and said she was sorry, that they knew it was serious but thought she would have time enough to complete the tests they were planning and start treatment. I still miss her and wonder what could have been if I had taken her in sooner.

Boy, I am going on about some sad stuff today, aren't I? Geez. Sorry. I've got something kind of funny in the works for tomorrow though. Check back then.

No comments: