Friday, March 10, 2006

Hello, Ameritrade?

I really should buy stock in pharmaceuticals.

For sure, work is causing my headaches. I was fine this morning, and 40 minutes after I got to work, BAM. Headache. I can just almost get it to go away, but not quite. But it is nearly always gone by the time I get home from work.

What the hell do you do about THAT? I mean aside from winning the lottery, as previously mentioned. I guess I could take something before I get to work, as sort of a preemptive measure. But geez. Maybe it isn't actually work; maybe I need a new glasses prescription and staring at this screen most of the day is what does it.

*****

I am still batting .500 on my Idol picks. Dammit, I should have tetered all the way towards Ayla I guess. Ah, well. I really can't believe that Kevin didn't go yet. I predict he'll go next week, and I haven't even heard next week's performance yet. I don't need to. Nice kid but I just haven't cared for his singing from the start.

*****

Supposedly the kid's Mama is coming to get her tonight for the weekend. We will see. This is actually not "her" weekend, hers being the odd-numbered weekends as it were, and I did have something I wanted to do with the kid myself this weekend. But Mama got the bright idea to tell the kid about it on the phone last night first and have her ask/tell me.

My my my, wasn't that clever of her. What was I gonna do then, say no, and upset the kid? Precisely what Mama was counting on, no doubt.

This is the first and last time that's gonna happen. I didn't take the phone last night and talk with her then because I cannot really have a private phone conversation with the kid around, but when Mama picks her up tonight, she better watch the fuck out. While it is true that she doesn't take her most of the weekends that she could, that does not mean that she is thus entitled to just take her whenever she wants. She's also going to stop calling and leaving me voice mails which ask me to break it to the kid when she has told her she was coming and then isn't able to.

I worry about her going up to Oklahoma. I know her Mama loves her and I'm sure she takes as good care of her as she can, but who really knows what the situation is up there? All we have to go on is what she tells us, and we know from past experience that that is usually at least 50% lies. And what she tells us is generally bad enough on its own.

Ultimately though, I am appreciative that Mama did at least have sense enough to realize her situation and willingly signed the papers to let the kid stay with me.

But anyway. Looks like it may be a kid-less weekend, which is kind of nice in some ways. But it's almost too quiet, you know? I'll miss her.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: