Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Really Should Get a Life

Ok, so I am a dork, but I was curious... remember that weird craigslist ad I told you about? The following is an email exchange between me and that guy:

Me: Sorry to bother you, I am not interested in applying for this, but I just HAVE to know... did you get any responses to this ad?

Him: no, I didn't get a reply to this. I would still be interested and will offer a barter type payment if you or anyone else is interested.

Me: Barter?

Him: I am a photographer and will be happy to do a photoshoot, fine-art nude or fully clothed in exchange. Also will be happy to consider other types of service exchange. Understand, that this is ONLY if you are above 18years old. ID will be checked and if you would like a photoshoot your ID will be photographed for the mutual protection of both parties.

Me: I see. Well thank you, I was really just curious as to whether you had gotten any responses. Good luck

Him: If I may ask, what had you so interested about a reply to this post?

Me: I really don't know. I was looking for someone to install a dishwasher and I happened upon it and thought it was unusual. I was just curious. Sorry for the bother. And by the way, you're a freak.

Well ok, actually, I left out that last sentence.

Besides, I suppose I'm a bit of a freak myself for emailing the guy in the first place. But I was curious. Come on, you know you were, too. Aren't you glad I did the dirty work for you?

At least I didn't ask what "other types of service exchange" meant, exactly. There are some things I don't want to know...

No comments: