Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sometimes, Procrastination is Good

Believe it or not, I have not yet had my dishwasher installed. It is still sitting in the box, in my garage. Fortunately, I even still have the receipt.

So today I decided to look it up with my new Consumer Reports membership, but it wasn't listed there. So, in lieu of that, I set about Googling in search of some consumer reviews. Here are some of the comments I discovered:

Pros: It's quiet, but that's because it's busy doing nothing.

Pros: provides additional storage space for your dishes, if you don't really need a dishwasher
Cons: completely useless as a dishwasher

Pros: low price, quiet, looks good
Cons: pre-rinsing may be required

Would "pre-rinsing" be something akin to "washing them by hand"?

Pros: none
Cons: Fifteen words wouldn't be enough

Most machines sound like there is high pressure water shooting through the inside, but this sounds like a light misty rain is falling.

In fact, there was not one positive comment to be found.

Um, I think I'll take it back and get another.

No comments: