Friday, March 17, 2006

It's Not That Easy, Wearing Green...

...or so Terrell Owens thought, anyway.

Now it seems that Jerry Jones wants to inflict him on the Cowboys. My view on that pretty much coincides with this one.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry - I really don't want to have to defect to another team, but dude, I promise you, I will defect if you sign T.O. Me, and lots of other folks, judging from some of the comments posted in response to some of the news stories online.

That's right, Jerry. You'll get no more "Go, Cowboys!" from me.

Let's see, what else would sound good?

"Go, Dolphins!" I've always really liked the Dolphins, but in the recent past there hasn't been a lot there to root for.

"Go, Steelers!" Last year's Superbowl champs. Are you KIDDING ME?

All Cowboys fans know better than the Redskins, the Eagles and the 49ers. And even if I get pissed at the Cowboys, I still just can't go there.

Hmmmm, who does James Spader root for? Being a Boston native, I'd guess the Patriots. Ewwwww. Sorry, James. I do like Tom Brady (he was my fantasy football QB) but I really can't bring myself to root for the Patriots for personal reasons having to do with an ex-husband and ex-in-laws. You understand, I am sure.

My Uncle Rick is a big Giants fan, which is interesting in their household when the Cowboys play them, as my aunt is a big Cowboys fan. I just don't think I can do "Go, Giants!" though. Those Yankees are MEAN when you go into Giants Stadium wearing a Cowboys jersey, trust me.

As an aside, did you know that both the Giants and the Jets play in Giants Stadium? They alternate weekends, so there is a game there every weekend. Can you imagine being the Jets and having to play in Giants Stadium? What a complex that must give them. Poor Jets. But I still don't think I have a "Go, Jets!" in me. I always did think "Vinnie and the Jets" was cute though.

"Go, Texans!" Nah. They may be the other Texas team, but again, not a lot there to root for. Besides, I'm still a little ticked that they were the first new franchise team to ever win their first game. Against the Cowboys. Though I suppose that was our own fault.

You know what I could probably do is "Go, Colts!" I've liked the Colts ever since a lot of years ago during probably their worst losing season ever, I watched them come back in the 4th quarter to score 3 touchdowns and beat the Redskins. And I like Peyton Manning. Yeah, "Go, Colts!" That would be all right. If I have to.

All right, Jerry, I have a plan of action, should you sign T.O. Are you listening???

No comments: