Friday, March 10, 2006

What goes around...

Ok, I know I have already made 2 entries today, but I cannot resist.

You know how when you get forwarded emails in Outlook, the forwarded information sometimes comes through sort of as an attachment, and you have to click on it to get to it, in some cases maybe even several times?

And then, when you finally get to the original message, if you hit "reply", you will reply to the original sender, and not to the person who forwarded it to you?

Hence (hehehe):

I forwarded Jen (and several others) an email from a local dog rescue group about a dog who needs to be adopted ASAP or it will be euthanized. I wanted to get the word out.

A few minutes later, I get an email from her: You are about to get a huge laugh at my expense.

I wait. A moment later I get another email from her, addressed to the original sender of the e-mail, and to me:

I am sorry. I didn't intend to send that you. I have a baby and two dogs already. My friend sends me these rescue e-mails all of the time and there is no way I could take another dog. As a joke I told her that my next dog would be a basset hound and if it wasn't a basset hound I didn't want to hear about it. Rather than responding to her I responded to the attachment. Sorry. I was not offended.

I scroll down to see that she had responded originally, intending it to go to me, with "I told you if it is not a basset hound I don't want to hear about it."

The poor original sender responded: my apologies. it won't happen again, at which point is when I suppose Jen realized her mistake.

To me, that in itself is funny enough. But couple that with the fact that her mother accidentally did the same thing maybe a week and a half ago with an email Jen forwarded to her, which could have potentially had disastrous results but fortunately did not, and Jen berated her and basically told her she was computer illiterate.

So. Who's computer illiterate now?

No comments: