Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Great Minds and All That...

Hmmm, I guess I am not the only one who feels the way I do about the proposed new minimum mandatory sentencing law, about which I received a phone call a couple of weeks back and posted my thoughts about. Today I received an e-mail from an organization called FAMM, which says in part:

H.R. 4472, the Children's Safety and Violent Crime Reduction Act of 2005, contains many new mandatory minimum sentences and will result in the unintended outcomes that mar every other mandatory minimum-bearing law.

You don't say. Click here to view support and opposition for H.R. 4472 and to read the text of the bill.

******

Moving right along. We watched the girls on American Idol last night. I must say I agree with Simon in that Melissa and Kinnik should go, but I'm tetering on saying that in actuality it will be Kinnik and Ayla who actually do go. Ask me later, I'll decide by then. That Kellie Pickler is just almost a little bit too cute. I'm just waiting for some big juvenile delinquent past to be revealed. That's doubtful I suppose. She's good, though I disagree with Simon that she's better than Carrie Underwood.


******
What else? Nada. Zilch. Zappo. Still looking for someone to install the appliances. Truly Nolen is coming again today. I have a bitch of a headache and someone has been printing stuff non-stop all morning so the noisy-ass printer is going constantly. I read something scary on the internet this morning that said a sudden severe, incapacitating headache could be a sign your brain is bleeding. Fortunately I have decided that my headache, while sudden and severe, is not incapacitating so I think I'll live.

I have also decided that we will probably be going to visit Phillip on the last Sunday of the cake decorating class, so I should probably not bother to go to the next 2 classes if I cannot attend the last class where you do the really fancy cake. Well, as fancy as the beginners class gets. I told Jen this and mentioned I should probably sign up for the Monday evening class next month. She asked if I cared to make a bet whether I will go or not. So now I am giving up 4 Monday evenings, 2 hours a night, for ultimately dinner at the restaurant of my choice. And, of course, the knowledge of how to basically decorate a cake. Obviously she feels pretty certain that I will not go to this class.

Have I got news for her. While I may not be interested in becoming a professional cake decorator (though it would be fun to know a little something), I am very interested in big juicy steaks paid for by someone else. She actually said as proof she wanted a picture of me with my cake at the class location (which is a crafts store chain). What, so I have to be a dork and take my camera and be like "will you please take my picture with my cake?" Not. She finally agreed that a picture of my cake at my house will do. This should be interesting.

Now who can I hire, beg or blackmail to take this class for me for less than the price of a steak?

Happy Hump Day.

No comments: